The Perspective of One of UNLV’s Top Regulation Experts
Jennifer Roberts is the Vice President/General Counsel – WynnBET and Director of the International Center for Gaming Regulation at UNLV. In this episode of the NO LINE Podcast, she and Philip Beere discuss how technology influences responsible gambling practices and why the conversation about responsibility in the industry needs to continue.
Alongside her role at the ICGR, Roberts also teaches gaming law at UNLV’s William S. Boyd School of Law and at the S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah. As a lawyer, Roberts has represented major hotels, restaurants, bars and other entities in large cases regarding federal, state, and local alcohol licensing and compliance.
Roberts has been in private practice for fifteen years, working with sports betting companies, casino operators, and small gaming operators. She is the owner of Roberts Gaming Law, Ltd. and is an active member of the International Association of Gaming Advisors.
Roberts earned her law degree from the University of Utah in 2002.
In this episode, the following topics are discussed:
- Jennifer Roberts introduction
- How technology can influence responsible gambling
- How casinos implemented responsible practices before technology
- Legal issues surrounding the monitoring of customers
- Legal issues customers can face if they gamble irresponsibly
- How close we are to using predictive analytics to flag problematic customers
- Expansion of sports betting
- What’s missing from the conversation
- International Center for Gaming Regulation at UNLV
- William S. Boyd School of Law
- J. Quinney College of Law
- Legalization of sports betting
- Responsible gaming compliance laws
- Nevada’s problem gambling diversion court
- National Center for Responsible Gaming
- National Council on Problem Gambling
- Responsible Gaming Education Week
- American Gaming Association (AGA)
The No Line Podcast
The best bet is the responsible one!
The No Line Podcast is dedicated to sharing stories about those leading the gaming industry forward — making it better, making it more responsible.
Interested in being a guest or sharing your organization’s “responsible” story?
Contact Philip Beere at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.nolinepodcast.com
Philip is the Head of Creative and Partnerships at PJ Media. He is Head of Marketing for Gaming Analytics. Previously he was Head of Marketing for Sightline Payments and Play+. He is the Founder of the subscription-based marketing platform for doctors, www.rfamd.com.
As the Host of the No Line Podcast, Philip enjoys sharing stories about those leading the industry forward toward responsible gaming. He also hosts the podcasts, Corporate Sustainability and Doctor Thyroid.
Connect with Philip
PJ Media is a marketing agency located in Las Vegas, Nevada — offering 360° services for companies serving the gaming industry.